Unfortunately, my computer is sputtering today in a way that suggests that I must ambulate towards the computer hospital. The mix is not going to happen, despite the fact that I have assembled a track list that includes disco strongholds like Gloria Gaynor's Never Can Say Goodbye as well as some kitschy favorites like Barbara Acklin's I'll Bake Me a Man.
Instead, I offer a Crowcrastination birthday tribute to the how now in my brown cow. Like a mixtape, it probably has as much to do with the giver as the receiver... but that's what friends are for, no? Anyway... may I present:
10 Reasons Why KC Love Won't Quit
- I made that valentine for Kurt ages ago and he still keeps it tacked on his bedroom door.
- Kurt once told me that his Mom had a glass eye. I believed him until he told me she also had no legs.
- Kurt has absconded with my copy of Bridget Jones's Diary (a.k.a. BJD) over 2 years ago and I am only a little bit bitter.
- Kurt used to light my hair on fire, strand by strand. Despite my threats, he still has his nads.
- He is the reason why my default karaoke song is Wuthering Heights.
- Once we traipsed around San Francisco doing touristy things. I was so excited to get to show him around the city, I almost got a speeding ticket on my way up from San Jose.
- Kurt will totally reinact this Laurie Anderson performance for my amusement if I ask him. (And Kurt, this is me asking.)
- Kurt is a good companion on road trips, if only because he knows all the words to the songs on the oldies radio station.
- I knew the two of us would be friends when I gave him a kitten as a gift in an improv in the first week of acting class and he was so excited that I thought he might shit his pants.
- I knew we would be friends for life when I was having a mad at the world moment and decided I was going to go live in a cave. He gave me permission to go live in a cave, but only if he could live in a cardboard box outside my cave.
I can't remember what I was mad about, but I do know that there is always a spot for Kurt's carboard box wherever I may be.